Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mexico






left Le Cruceita at around 930 not really knowing how far I would travel today. Only real direction is South to the Guatemala boarder crossing in the next 2 days at a place called Tapachula
The morning was a very pleasant low 2o's and started out in the mountain/jungle with the perfect tar mat under tyre. Once again the riding in this place has left me surprisingly speechless. Today was to prove no different! once out of the hills it was on to the valley floor surrounded in the ever increasing mountain rangers that in compasses the delta.
As the Easterly winds picked up it was not a surprise to see 100's of huge wind turbines! These silent majestic giants where spread through this area that was a sight to behold. With the weather holding as well as it is I was flicking through the k's at a very pleasant speed.
At a small junction I got sucked into a market place but soon got in trouble and could not find a way out. Next I know a policeman is standing beside me hence a very broken conversation took place. At the end of it with directions in place he surprised me by putting his hand on my shoulder and a smile on his face and I think he said something along the lines of have a safe travel. This one gesture left me speechless, something that a 1000 words could not have replaced.
So with the riding like it was I happily continued and even through the down pours that followed on several occasions, I've found myself already at the boarder for tomorrow. A huge smile on my face, in away maybe a little sad to be leaving Mexico, but apprehensive at the next stage of this journey.
My main pleasant surprises of Mexico has to be the amazing roads and riding to be had between towns and villages, the friendly and helpful people I have meet on the way, also the fact that even poor, the is inter WiFi in places you would never expect. Had a listen to the many people that although had good intentions, I might not have gone through here..... thank goodness I can be so dam pig headed sometimes because look what I would have missed out on!!
Viva La Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment