Friday, October 2, 2009

Guatemala


After leaving the boarder of Mexico into Guatemala I was hit with one of worst sections of driving yet to be experienced for about 3 hours then at the turn off to Guat City it finally got better. It would be about the only time I feared for my safety on the road. Other problems like dead dogs just within the shade of a tree but in the middle of the road nearly ended my trip had I been cm's to mt left..... but atleast I was back to this kind of riding


Then go around a corner and find myself confronted with a full on shopping experience from one side of the street to other and in places reduced to one lane.

This is Guidos fault since he had asked me the day before if I had been rained on...... not until then at least. When the heavens open up here they do so with so much force it almost hurts. But still warm so in a way nice, both 'Mana' and I had a shower together that lasted off and on for the rest of the day.... which was to prove a long one.......

this is a standard sight, not only do the family and friend ride in the back of the pick-ups, but the whole public transport system works this way also, in any shape and size or condition of vehicle. WOF does not exist in this neck of the world......" Sir my I see your P licence? "

Now I've carried on through out the day which proved to be good riding again. Suddenly I'm confronted with the next boarder crossing into El Salvador with no form of accomadation in sight. So i made the decission to cross and see how it went..........

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr. Gabites, it's lauren. it looks like you're having a very exciting time on your bike. lol.
    Dad, Jordie here i'm about to go to a craft show with Lauren, I'm really mad that i missed you last night, by about 20 minutes. Stay Safe.

    ♥ Lauren and Jordan =)

    ReplyDelete