Thursday, October 22, 2009

Alone once again.....

So after waiting at the high point (which was at 9oooft) of leaving Quito before it drops into the valleys, I waited for about 2 hours in the hope that I would hook back up with Keith. However this was not to happen today and since it was getting late I decide to take off before I ran out of day light
The road was still the Pan/America high way and as it dropped into the valleys it was getting tighter all the time. However it just continued to do this for the next 68 k's and dropped to almost sea level by the time it got out of the valley. It has to be the most amazing piece of roading I've ever seen and was packed with trucks and buses all fighting for position, and me and dam it I fought back big tome and held my own.....


However at the end of it all some how I manged to get off the highway and this road took me about 170 k's to the West and before I realized it was way to late ....... but hey did I ever get to play in the mountains!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment