Saturday, October 3, 2009

Costa Rica border


This is the back drop of Managua which looked good on the approach but soon proved to be an area that I decided not to stay the extra day that I was thinking about doing. like so many of these places from the info and general look its nice but when you get into it, it's still very run done and not that desirable.... much like the accommodation I ended with. Also since there are NO street signage to try and find the place your looking for was very frustrating. Gave up in the end since people wouldn't even give you direction when asked. So I found a taxi driver and got him to find it while I followed, then argued when he tryed to charge too dam much.
But that was only half the battle since the next morning it took a good hour or two for me to find the main road again.

150 k's later I'm dealing with boarder crossings again.This whole procedure takes at least 2-3 hour by the time you leave 1 country with all there paper work that also means you change locations/offices about 4 times. then go through 'no mans land' and do it all over again to get into the next country. It's great to do this trip but this is the thing that would put me off every doing it again. Although if I spoke Spanish like any sensible person would do.......

I waited in line with these truck drivers for about an hour after you had processed all the paper work but there's another guy who has to put it into another computer. This is done by handing the paper work through the top sliding window of the window in the bus..... then he yells at you about something, of course you can't hear, and so the game continues....


When I finally got out to Costa Rica this line of trucks went on for 3.5 k's and in some places where 2 deep.... and I thought I had it tough.

Moments later you are in this kind of setting and I guess it makes it all worth while. However 100k's down the line I stop at a place called Liberia, filled up with fuel then looked across the road and booked myself into the Nice's place yet in celebration of getting into a country that not only looks amazing, is clean, and just feels great. I've made contact worth some friends of Hunts (thanks Geoff, I owe you big time) and am heading there tomorrow for some regroup time.... I think I'm going to enjoy this place.
Talk again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment