Thursday, October 8, 2009

Panama


Not too much to talk about today since after the last few days it was just back to the old standard roads. it's obvious that although Panama has allot of poor within their country, due to the canal the government has quite allot of money that is spent on things like roads. after this was taken it started to go into duel carriage way for almost the whole distance from David into Panama City which is about 400 k's.... so quite boring really.

But then you have the weather factor. I actually got out my 1 piece riding suit since it appeared that the rain was going to stay, which it didn't. cleared up after about 20 minutes......

Panama is one very big city! I guess it's where allot of money is being invested by off shore and from the States at the moment. This is the view from my dorm window in the hostel I'm staying at. I'll have to try and venture out back in the traffic tomorrow if I dear, it was bad enough just getting into the city. Where I'm staying is once again the very dodgy end of town but also one that they are trying very hard to rebuild, have to walk around with the camera to in the next few days, but only during daylight hours mind you.
I hope to get some answers tomorrow re shipping options but it does look like I maybe stuck here for a little longer than I would have liked. oh well it is an adventure right.

While this wasn't in Panama,it is a great example of some of the hazards found on a perfectly well sealed road. These are usually very small in size but really deep. I hit one just right out of the blue in Mexico doing around 80 k's and almost finished my trip right there. You can never let your guard down.......

4 comments:

  1. youch to that pothole!dont take me into one of those, i might have an Alice moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've got it...Explore the Canal area & send pics, eat some good local food. Why do you have to fly or sail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad, we told you to be careful, do i have to remind you about spending time in a hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordan has gotten sick, coughing non-stop and has a Really sore rib cage. Along with a fever of 39 ish Celsius. Not fun! Stay healthy. Talk to you soon.

    Love you heaps,
    Jordie

    ReplyDelete