Monday, October 5, 2009

Costa Rica


I know more photos of roads, but hey how can you not love this when it's in front of you. Had a good night in the hotel and felt a little spoiled, but very happy to be back on the road again.

e
Then as I came around the corner here are a bunch of other bikers with the same grin on their faces.

So it was share pleasure to chat with the locals out for the day. Nice to know that "On any Sunday" is still fit and well. I think I've said this before but the great thing about bikes is that it's common ground. Doesn't matter where your from, what your language is, what you do for a living or indeed what you've done in the past..... the only thing that matters is are you having a good time and what do you think of your ride..... life should always be this simple.

I was a bit sad to say good buy to my new found friends but I did want to get to my destination before it rained again, which I didn't. rained before I pulled into 'Adventures De Sarapiquise' which is about 2 hours North of San Jose in CR. It's an outdoor adventure place that does rafting and Canopy tours which I just did today. Very cool. Basically a series of wire rope cables stretched through the jungle of which took us an hour to complete doing about 12 different stretches through the jungle. The with about 4 cables still to go the sky opened up as it only can here, which was an experience........ to be on a wire cable about 20 m above the ground during an electrical storm........

So I'm back at my camp now, since it's early in the season I'm the only one here and even though it's only 5pm it getting dam dark. this happened last night when I rolled in, made camp, put my mat out, put on the stove 4 dinner, showered and layed down to go to sleep, looked at the watch and it was 6:30........ dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment