Friday, October 9, 2009

Panama City

I'm just too dam old to do this dorm living.it was ok last night since there was only about 5or6 people but by mid day when I got back it was full. Fortunately my bunk is the far away top bunk so I'm by the window at least..... no place to sleep outside this time.


and look out the other one Right beside it and look at this.... also there are heavily armed police outside all time 24/7 so they are trying hard.
Then just down the road on the other side of the bay is this.
Now I know I've already included one of these but it is quite breathtaking at night and I decided it was worth another placement since it is my Blog!
Today was spent trying to arrange air cargo for the bike and after a taxi ride into town to talk to an office with no joy I decided to jump on the bike and ride the 38k's out of town to the airport myself. After about 1 1/2 hours of serious traffic battle, finally got out there only to get no help, no joy and down right no go. This is a little crimp in my style and not a good one. So Now it's onto plan B which is having to sail. The problem with this is a time factor and I'm trying to get on a sailing on the 13th or the next one will be the 17th. It takes 5 days to get to Columbia then I've got another 3 days ride to get to where I wanted to start had I flown. This now means a time factor to get to Lima in time to meet Cath.The time I had up my sleeve just went away. The plus on this is its a great way to get there and people rave about it. So I may leave here tomorrow or Sunday, and when this happens I think I loss e mail capabilities. Got to enjoy having this and being able to Skype is such a cool thing, if you don't have it.... get it.
Anyway that's it in a nut shell so until later, it Cervesa time...

2 comments:

  1. That was a very cool blog. Can really see the difference in the buildings. Looks like every other hostel in the world tho' ha ha.
    You re saving u p the 5 star accomm for when i arrive right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marc, still in coasta rica. shit, holiday on monday so have to wait another day for the dealer in san jose, or hope for the best and go straight to panama city to see a dealer there. probs are getting worse. hope they can fix it. greets, lutz

    ReplyDelete