Saturday, October 17, 2009

Panama

Ok so now that its several days later I've got to try and work backwards to work out all the things that has happened to me in that time. So I'll start by being told that there was not available boats to take me to Colombia for up to 2 weeks. So on that info I left Panama City and got myself to the most used launch place up by Portobello. The moment I arrived was meet by a Colombian guy called ......... and he had been stuck there for the last 6 days and needed to travel. Also there was another 2 guys in the same situation so a Captain was found with a 40ft sail boat and was willing to take us and the 4 bikes. Checked it all out and decided to go with it, forget the sight seeing part of the trip and just get our selves there asap.
With a bit of man handling this was done without to many tears, food brought and after spending the night on the boat got out of harbour the next morning

As you can see not a hug boat but to help put this in perspective of what we where looking at, a boat 50ft had just left and it had 10 pax, 2 crew , 3 bikes and 2 dogs. Now we just heard that they where late getting in, crew where drunk most of the time and the trip was "not very good" that's my words not there's.
Started out ok but as time went into the 1st 28 hrs we could see it was going to be a long trip. This should take 5 days but we where going to do it in 3........

No comments:

Post a Comment